Sunday, November 3, 2013

:: moslema in style 2013 ::

I had the opportunity to attend Moslema in Style 2013 at PWTC Kuala Lumpur yesterday. It was a hijab and islamic fashion show for muslimah featuring Malaysian and Indonesian designers from boutiques namely Button My Buttons, Eja Shahril Collection, Cahaya Kasih, AnnBatik, Ainon Kaman, Anggia Handmade, Hijrah Couture and Suci by Yatt Hamzah.


It was an interesting and a previlege experience watching models catwalking in modest outfits covered from top to toe, which is totally opposite to the usual mainstream fashion shows. Each designer came with individual style and specific range of attire from daily, casual, formal and even wedding. The outfits were all colourful and eye-catching; meanwhile the hijabs were styled in many different ways. Totally inspiring!

The event can also be considered as a gathering for muslimahs because except for the press, the attendees were all women. We were serenaded by the beautiful Datin Noryn Aziz and her voice was amazing. Like any other fashion shows, the event ended with appearance by each of the designer. One who caught everybody's attention was the celebrity Yatt Hamzah who came out of the back stage holding hand with her little daughter. It was so cute because the little girl was a bit shy at first, but still smiling while walking. I wish I can have that type of moment too - to be on stage with my little boy, but since I don't have any fashion line I just need to shrug off the idea.


After the show we were invited to enjoy scrumptious food that was already served for us at the back of the hall. It was a good time for networking so while eating I managed to chat with two young ladies who are the owners of PatternizedScarves and DearDarlings. Highlight of the conversation was when they both asked about my age and it was flattering when they said I don't like someone in 30's *blush* Hehe thank you girls for making my day!

Besides food there were also line of booths opened by the boutiques for guests to view and shop. Cosmoderm was also there so most of my time were spent at their booth; checking their products, taking photos and mingling with their team members and guests. Besides samples in the goodie bag I also brought home Cosmoderm's latest Vitamin E Makeup Remover, which I will review and blog soon.

It was a memorable day, thanks to Cosmoderm for the opportunity given :-)

The lady in gold glitter shawl is Azliana @ Nana, Cosmoderm's Head of Corporate Communication.
Also managed to pose with the pretty model, Ara Lee.


 Last but not least, here is a full shot of what I wore yesterday:
Shawl: Unbranded
Accessories: Diva
Clutch: Dorothy Perkins
Top: Unbranded
Peplum belt: Zara
Skirt: Vintage
Heels: Kiss & Tell
 
 
*keywords: hijabista, fesyen muslimah

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...