Sharing is caring so here is the recipe for you to try.
- Unripe mangoes (sliced into thin pieces, wash and dry)
- Coarse sugar
- Preserve plums (asam boi masin)
- Chilli (sliced thinly)
1. Pour in sugar and a pinch of salt on the sliced mangoes and mix them well together. I actually bought the packed fruit from petrol station nearby, but most probably it was equivalent to 2 small mangoes and I used 8 tablespoons of sugar. It is fine to put in extra sugar, but only a small amout of salt.
2. Add in sliced chilli and preserve plums, according to preference. Mix together with the mangoes and sugar. No need to add any water. Close the container and keep it cold inside the fridge for at least 6 hours. The longer the better as I found it tastier when it was kept overnight.
3. The sugar will transform into water through out time and 'jeruk' is ready to be served.
p/s: Unripe mango can be substituted with green apple, kedondong or other soury fruits.
Sour, sweet, salty with a tinge of 'hot-ness'. Totally addictive.
*keywords: resipi jeruk mangga asam boi