Sunday, October 17, 2010

:: easy salsa dip ::


Mexican food is among my favourite. During visit to London last June, found this small store in Arndale Market Manchester selling Mexican food items like dips, tortillas and other dry ingredients. I managed to buy tortillas with salsa dip and it tasted good. It suits my liking because it has soury taste so I surfed the Net and found that making salsa is dead easy. However, despite its easiness I finally managed to make it yesterday so I'm sharing the triumph of making salsa dip - malaysian style here:

The ingredients:


- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 chillis (Mexican used jalapenos, but being a Malaysian I substitute it with cili padi instead. Another substitute could be green chilli)
- A bunch of coriander leaves (in recipes they called it cilantro but wikipedia said they're the same)
- Lime juice
- Salt (not in the pic)

The steps:


1. Diced tomato, onion and garlic, then slice chillis and parsley leaves. 


2. Mix all ingredients together with 3 tablespoons of lime juice and a pinch of salt.


3. Refrigerate the mixture for at least an hour.


4. Ready to be eaten with nachos. (I used original flavoured Chacos for this.)


Very simple ain't it? But it still took me 4 months to make it... heehee.

*keywords: simple salsa, salsa dip, how to make salsa, salsa recipe

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...