Friday, December 31, 2010

:: 365th day of the year ::

It's the last day for year 2010 and this should be my last post for this year. The usual connotation with a new year is resolution. So have you thought about yours yet? And how about the one this year? I don't usually decide about new year resolution before new year. Probably I need to 'feel' the new year first before deciding what to achieve through out the time and in some years I didn't even bother having any resolution at all.

I do have one resolution for year 2010. I don't think I've told anyone about it but since it's the last day of the year, why don't I confess it today. Well it's not an ambitious one actually, just promising myself to dress nicely for work. Yeap, that's my resolution for 2010 - to dress nicely and presentable for work. Frankly speaking, I personally think I did achieve that resolution, perhaps up to 95%. The balance of 5% is for being underdressed and not wearing any makeup. There were few days when I was too lazy and even had to force myself to office, but most of the time and especially during pregnancy I was really concerned about my look. I hardly wear flats except on casual Fridays because to me, wearing flat simply 'destroyed' the whole office look.

We have to look serious for people to take us seriously and I tell you, it works. Bukan nak masuk bakul angkat sendiri but since I look a bit 'young', other people sometimes didn't take me seriously. It's a lot better today but during my early days when I was working at Jalan Semarak it was worst, but no I don't want to talk about those days. Apart from that resolution I'm also satisfied with myself in other areas especially spiritually. Alhamdulillah, I've improved a bit compared to few previous years and will keep on improving myself to be a better Muslim and a better wife, insyaallah.

Before ending this post, let me share few memorable moments I had through out year 2010.

> 10 January: one day visit to Singapore with hubby, Zam and Tie 

> 17 January: surprise birthday bash by hubby and BFF. This is one most memorable birthday celebration in my entire life.

> 1 February: promoted as Manager

> 6 June: our first wedding anniversary

> 7 - 13  June: family vacation with hubby, mom and sisters to London and Manchester


> 16 August: welcome KiKi to our home 

> 11 October: convocation day - officially a postgraduate student in Master of Corporate Communication, UPM

> 21 - 26 October: Melbourne vacation with hubby. Thanks Isma & Hairil for being our wonderful, lovely hosts :-)

> 1 November: I'm pregnant~!

It's definitely one of best years so far and I thank God for His blessing and allowing me to keep on breathing in this world. Looking forward for another exciting year ahead. 2011 will be a year of transformation as I'll be entering the big "3-series" and also motherhood, insyaallah. 

Happy New Year 2011 to family, friends, followers and readers~! May this coming new year brings more prosperity and better life to all of us. 

XOXO,
phatgurl
31.12.2010

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...