Monday, December 31, 2012

:: 311212 ::

Only few hours to go before a new year arrives and I am lying on the bed. If 10 years ago you could already see me somewhere in KLCC but that is past. People change with time and so do I. Today I prefer to be on bed while reminiscing few old memories that are not yet forgotten. Thought of taking Ady to watch the fireworks later but despite the excitement my body is tired. I guess age factor counts and I shamelessly admit that I am getting older and older *cough cough*

Anyway the last weekend of 2012 was good as we managed to have a housewarming celebration for our close family. It was held yesterday and I woke up as early as 6 am preparing and cooking dishes for 14 people. As an amateur it was pretty challenging but alhamdulillah I made it. So the dishes were tomato rice, fried chicken with masak merah, beef kurma, papadum, bread pudding served with custard sauce and apple crumble. As for the drinks, hubby was in charged and he made limau asam boi (dried plum with lime) and syrup.

If I was asked to wrap up 2012 in a single word I would say "challenging". Yes, it has been a challenging year for me as a wife, a mother, a daughter, a worker and also a person. Although I have made it through, no doubt I am praying for a better life in 2013 so I am welcoming the new year with hands wide open. Let us all pray for a better future and of course, world peace. Goodbye 2012. Hello 2013.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...