Sunday, January 30, 2011

:: french crepe ::


That was my FB status this afternoon and I'm telling you, having French crepe on a cold, gloomy, rainy Sunday is simply a bliss. It's easy to make (only 15 minutes from A-Z) yet the result looks sophisticated as its name. 
Here lemme share with you the steps to an impressive and tasty dessert / savoury:

I'm a pancake fan and Betty Crocker Pancake Mix flour is the best pancake flour I've used so far. I tried Pillsbury's but it wasn't as milky and good as Betty's. This mix can be used not only for pancake but also for waffle and crepe, so this is my main ingredient for the crepe I was preparing.


I'm making one serving of crepe so the ingredients and measurements are:
1/2 cup of flour
1 egg
1/4 cup of fresh milk


Stir all ingredients together into a silky smooth batter.

Heat a non-stick pan and pour in a thin batter, cook until bottom is golden on both sides. Fold each crepe into quarters and serve with fillings of your choice. As for mine, the end result looks like this:

*


*



*




I felt like one of the MasterChef!
;-)

I served my crepes with banana and chocolate sauce but you can choose whether to make the crepe as a savoury or dessert. If savoury, common fillings include cheese, eggs, mushrooms and various meat products whereas for dessert, sweet toppings for the crepes include sugar, maple syrup, whipped cream, jam or fruit slices. 
Happy trying!


p/s: this is my loyal companion or 'supervisor' in the kitchen who always watches everything I cook:

*keywords: how to make crepe, french crepe recipe, how to make french crepe, simple crepe 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...