Friday, January 27, 2012
I am in the mood for making craft projects. I actually planned to make satin rose buds but couldn't find any tutorial for the rose buds I wanted. As I clicked from link to link, I found other tutorials instead and some of the handmade flowers are cute, pretty and easy to make. My hands were itching to make one, so last Tuesday night (after making the quesadillas) I managed making the pompom felt flower, thanks to this link. It was so eff-ing easy because items required are only felt cloth, superglue / hotglue and scissors.
How to make it:
1. Cut 1.5 inch wide strip of felt cloth.
2. Fold strip to half . Glue along the edge to stick the two edges.
3. Snip the strip into thin stripes but be careful not to cut all the way through the edges.
4. Cut a circle shape of felt cloth as the base. Stick the strips around the circle and cut off any leftover.
5. Continue sticking the next layer on top of the first strip.
6. Stick another layer on top and decorate the middle part either with another layer of felt strip or with a bead.
This pompom felt flower is cute for headband, brooch, necklace and even shoes. Love it~!