Tuesday, December 7, 2010

:: salam maal hijrah ::

A lot happened in the past 3 days and that explains my silence. I was washed-out at the end of each day and I'm half exhausted now so this is going to be a short update. First and foremost, I just wanna wish all Muslim friends out there "Happy New Year". Today marks the first day of a new Hijrah year, 1432 so this morning I attended the national Maal Hijrah celebration (1 Malaysia 1 Ummah) at PICC Putrajaya as part of Telekom Malaysia's contingent. 

The event was officiated by the king, Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin. Other VVIP guests include the queen, prime minister and wife as well as deputy prime minister and wife. 
while waiting for other guests to arrive...

Standing for the national anthem


The King and Prime Minister both in peach coloured baju melayu

We arrived an hour before the event started so after such long wait, just right after the emcees invited the chairman of organizing committee to deliver his welcoming remarks I somehow felt asleep. I couldn't remember anything until I woke up and listened to the emcees again, that time welcoming the king to deliver his opening speech and *poof* I was back to lala land. I woke up again and it was just before they were going to announce the Maal Hijrah figure. Seriously it was a nice, deep sleep. I had a pretty bad dream last night so that may explains why I was too sleepy. Anyway, the selected Maal Hijrah figure for this year is Tan Sri Dr Zeti Akhtar Aziz, the governor of Bank Negara Malaysia who walked away with RM100k reward. 
Tan Sri Dr Zeti accepting plaque from Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin

After the prize giving ceremony, we were all entertained by a group of kids with a number of performances, but a blind boy who sang Wali Band's song "Tobat Maksiat" touched my heart with his performance.
The blind boy in purple - this time performing a duet of Maher Zain's Inshaallah.

I always have a soft spot for the blinds and watching him blind and performing at such a young age emotionally affected me. Anyway the event ended at 11:30 am and we were back at Menara TM almost an hour later.

 I wore a black tudung because I already gave my 'tudung express' to my sis-in-law. 
Reason: I didn't look good in it.




I didn't return home straight away after that but diverted my way to KLCC instead. I've been waiting for Gucci year end sale and even asked Stylicious Fashionista from Bag Addicts Anonymous, one of my frequently visited blog to update if she received any news about it. She left me a message in the comment area 2 days ago (thank you again dear *wink*) and I was supposed to check the sale yesterday but unable to because of an emergency. Well, that couldn't stop me to still pay them a visit though - by the way, Gucci sale already started on 1 Dec 2010. I've shared weeks ago about how desperate I am to own a new white handbag so I was praying Gucci has good discounts for any of them but unfortunately there was none. Items on sale were from their 2010 Autumn - Winter collection and most were Guccissima leather. There were a number of small leather goods on sale too but I didn't pay much attention, but I saw the white Ladies Web Medium Boston, the one I preferred among the 3 white Gucci in my earlier post selling at RM2970. It was in Guccissima leather too so I don't think I like it in real.


Ok I really have to end this post a.s.a.p as I need to iron my clothes for tomorrow. I went back home from KLCC with several plastic bags (oh I really need those bags for our trash bin - couldn't believe we didn't have much left due to our support for green earth). What I bought for myself today were my first maternity pants from Modernmum and Carriwell organic cotton flexi belt (RM59.90 before 10% discounts) from Mothercare. I'm happy about the flexi belt because I really need it to expand waist of my pants and jeans so buying it equals to ability to continue wearing my favourite items (yeay!). 

Alrighty, I'm done. Sweet dreams peeps!

*keywords: sambutan maal hijrah peringkat kebangsaan 2010, gambar sambutan maal hijrah, gucci sale 2010

4 comments:

NaddY said...

heheheh...tak pe tudung hitam senang kenal...

hazera said...

short update nye~ panjang je tengok..ahaks

phatgurl said...

@naddy: menyerlah la sket dari yg lain ye tak... hehe.

@hazera: itulah, bersengkang mata dibuatnya tak abis2 menaip. huhu.

Stylicious Fashionista said...

Hey Girl! Just saw this post!

Thanks for the mention and thanks for being a loyal follower of my blog! ;D

So sad that you couldn't find your white bag =( White in general is really hard to maintain, and yellows with age, but generally though, white leather is easier to maintain compared to canvas/jacquard. Of course, coated jacquard will be your best bet and won't stain that easily, or not even at all! ;D

xoxo,
Stylicious Fashionista
http://www.bagaddictsanonymous.com

Twitter: @bagaddictsanon

btw, I have a FB page also titled Bag Addicts Anonymous. Feel free to 'like' it! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...